Thursday 2 September 2010

Crochet for Charity

Ok so my Sit 'n' Stitch group have decided we are going to have a Coffee Morning for Charity. We are going to hopefully have a few stalls selling our Knitting and Crochet makes. I thought Bunting would be a good thing to sell as we can Knit or Crochet them and hopefully all join in and get simular sizes.

So before I can get side tracked with anything else I have started to make a pattern for them.

Please note, I have never made a pattern up before and I am just writing it here to save my ideas. I cannot be held responsible for your bunting being wonky if you choose to use my pattern lol.

Anyway had a little go this morning and came up with this.

Roughly 4 1/2 "x 4 1/2" Bunting.

Using a 3mm Crochet Hook and any DK Yarn chain 26 stitches.

Row 1; Miss first chain and DC into each stitch to end (25 stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 2; as Row 1

Row 3; as Row 1

Row 4; DC 2 together, DC in next 21 stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 5; DC to end. (23 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 6; DC 2 together, DC in next 19 stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 7; DC to end. (21 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 8; DC 2 together, DC in next 17 stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 9; DC to end (19 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 10; DC 2 together, DC in next 15 Stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 11; DC to end (17 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 12; DC 2 together, DC in next 13 Stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 13; DC to end (15 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 14; DC 2 together, DC in next 11 Stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 15; DC to end (13 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 16; DC 2 together, DC in next 9 Stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 17; DC to end (11 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 18; DC 2 together, DC in next 7 Stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 19; DC to end (9 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 20; DC 2 together, DC in next 5 Stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 21; DC to end ( 7 Stitches) Chain 1 ans turn

Row 22; DC 2 together, DC in next 3 Stitches, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 23; DC to end (5 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 24; DC 2 together, DC in next 1 stitch, DC 2 together, Chain 1 and turn

Row 25; DC to end (3 Stitches) Chain 1 and turn

Row 26; DC 3 Stitches together, Cut Yarn and pull through last stitch, Sew in end.


So there it is, like I've said I have not done this before, I did Crochet along with this pattern and got this;

But it hasn't been double checked yet.

Also if anyone would like to Crochet bunting for our Charity sale that would be AMAZING!!!

You can just message me here or on wam734@hotmail.com and I can send you details of where to send your finshed pieces.
Hope this inspires you to Crochet along and if anyone does find a mistake before me I would love to hear from you.
Also can anyone tell me how I can keep this message at the top of my page please. I've had a look and cant see anywhere to do this.
Thanks in advance
Wendy. xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, just found your blog! Loved the disclaimer on the pattern! Your crochet is so neat, I've just started to teach myself but am a bit hopeless! :s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah hi Lucy, I follow your Blog. I've left you a message to see if I can help you. Thank you for your comment. This Bunting is really easy to make. You should try it. x

    ReplyDelete