Wednesday 15 February 2012

Proud Labour moments

Wow it's been a while since my last post and I had some comments!! Thank you for that :-) This I would think would make me want to post more, knowing that people are reading my posts but alas I haven't.
This has got me to thinking that maybe Blogging is being forced and not enjoyable as it should be. I have also started to wonder if I actually enjoy Crafting or do I just feel I like I should do it? All these feelings have to do with where I am at the moment, This being getting help from people to find out who I am, I am so enjoying learning this but it is very sad not to know what I like and who I am. I think I have just concentrated on the important things in my life that I forgot about me.... but now is definitely me time :-)
One thing I do know about me is that I am now a Granny :-)
Yes, Jackson arrived on Thursday 9th February 2012 at 8.09pm and weighed 7lb 9oz. (lot's of nines :-) I am going to look into this thinking it may be a good omen)
My Grandsons full name is Jackson Hugh Christopher Mann and he is the most adorable and content little Baby ever, Jackson is a name both my daughter and her partner liked, Hugh is my Dads name and Christopher is Catherine's partners name.
I know all these details by heart about him because I was there throughout the whole of his birth, from almost start to the very, very end.
Another thing I know about me is that I am very good in a difficult and painful situation for others :-) This is because I seen my Daughter through her labour, Right to the part where Jackson popped out :-) I don't think Catherine would call it popped lol but I wont go into the full details although I must just  say it is the most amazing, exhausting and proudest thing I have ever done. I am so proud of myself for being there and helping in a most troubling time but I am even prouder of my Daughter getting through the 19hours of labour with just Gas and Air in the last 2 hours!!!!! 
It was such a hard thing going against my daughters wishes but I was told we were to stay at home as long as possible with contractions coming 3 times in ten minutes and each lasting longer than a minute... well me being a stickler to rules I did as I was told but the contractions never got this far and in the end when I decided I couldn't myself cope any longer I telephoned in and told them we were on our way!!
Catherine insisted she was pushing on the Journey and when we arrived in the Maternity Ward, She was indeed. Jackson was here within an Hour or Two of arriving there. So it was a pretty close call with no possible chance of pain relief and although not chosen Catherine is very Happy and proud to have had a Natural Birth as are we all proud of her :-)










Jackson and Daddy    

                                                                              
                                                          Jackson and Auntie Rachel                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment